This is a two hour tour that encompass an exploration of the former capital of Croatia, one of the Croatian prime center of culture and music – Varazdin.
Beautiful historic town Varazdin is about an hour away from Zagreb. It gained popularity after high grades of respected tourism organizations, nevertheless its shine and quality is there from much before that. During the 18th century it was the capital of Croatia, until unfortunate fire thirty years later that destroyed part of the historic centre. It is a town of different architectural styles, such as rennaisance, baroque, clasicism, however the most prominent one is baroque. It is also a town of bicycles, music, and culture. Many are comparing this town with lovely centeral european towns, and it is even known as a “Little Vienna”. Historically, to the empress Maria Theresia, Varazdin was a favorite town in that part of the empire, which is why she made it the capital of Croatia.
Come to Varazdin and discover various European influences and the charm of this beautiful town.
|START TIME||From 8am onwards. Last startime is 7pm.|
|START/RETURN LOCATION||Pre-arranged place.|
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||From 1 to 20. Upon request it can be organized for larger group too.|
|NOT INCLUDED||Optional admission fees, meal.|
|Pricing||15 euros per person for minimum of 4 persons, or base cost 50 euros|
– visiting one of the most beautiful graveyard of Europe
– walk along the fortified hills of Old Town castle
– possible entrance inside the castle, depending on when you visit Varazdin (working time is Tue to Fri 9am-5pm, Sat and Sun 9am-1pm)
– Stancic square; Traditional crafts; Ursulin church and convent
– possible entrance to the museum of bugs (working time is Tue to Fri 9am-5pm, Sat and Sun 9am-1pm)
– Lunch in a fine restaurant where you can also try traditional food of this region.
– Franciscan square and the Patacic palace
– King Tomislav square (Korzo) and the Cathedral
– Vatrosla Jagic Park