Terms and Conditions
Sunlands Ltd. is a touring company that offers travel-related services such as walking tours and day trips. Sunlands Ltd. is based in Varazdin, Croatia, and it offers services throughout Croatia, surrounding countries, and beyond. It is registered at the Varazdin’s Economy Office under ID number: 98277162.
BY PURCHASING A TOUR FROM Sunlands Ltd., YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Booking Terms: Our tours are booked through online reservation system, and paid by using direct bank deposit or Paypal. Once you make the reservation, you will be contacted and directed on how to proceed with the booking. Once the payment is received, we will send the voucher to your email address.
You can either pay the deposit or full amount. In case you choose to pay deposit, the balance must be paid two weeks prior to the start of the tour, or within seven days before the start of the tour if reservation is made within seven days before the start of the tour.
Cancellation Policy and refunds:
Any cancellation by You must be made by telephone or email and acknowledged by Sunlands. The date on which the request to cancel is received by Sunlands will determine the refund due as follows:
Cancellation 30 days or more before departure: Amount paid less upfront costs. These upfront costs may represent out-of-pocket expenses of the Sunlands for tickets, transportation deposits and other ancillary expenses.
Cancellation 29 to 15 days before departure: deposit paid or 80% of tour price if paid in full.
Cancellation less than 15 days before departure: no refund
You are strongly encouraged to obtain cancellation insurance. In certain circumstances, this will cover the cost of cancellation.
In some cases, Sunlands may cancel a tour due to weather or other circumstance. In the event that the Sunlands cancels the tour, or does not deliver it as promised, you may choose between a rescheduling of the tour OR a full refund of all monies paid or a credit towards an alternative tour. If you choose to accept a credit, the difference in the cost of the alternative tour will be refunded by Sunlands or paid by You, as applicable.
Sunlands is not responsible for any incidental expenses You may have incurred in reliance on the tour or travel services booked on the Site, including, without limitation, expenses arising from the purchase of visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights, or of any loss of enjoyment.
Minimum participants: Because our tours are private by default, we conduct tours starting from one person onwards.
Weather Conditions: We conduct tours rain or shine. You are advised to carry an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. In the event of severe bad weather (showers, lightning), Sunlands may move the tour to another day during your stay in Croatia, IF our guide(s) and/or vehicles would be available for that day, i.e. if they are already not reserved by another customer.
Sunlands acts solely as a guide arranging tours, venue visits and other services and does not assume liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of any company, organization or person engaged in rendering service.
Limitations of liability statement: By virtue of purchasing tours offered by Sunlands, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, you understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the Sunlands will rely on same:
- You desire to participate in tours offered by Sunlands (The Tours).
- You are in good health and suffer from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make you especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity organized by Sunlands;
- You fully comprehend and accept all the risks associated with your participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death;
- You grant to Sunlands Tours the irrevocable, sub-licensable right and authority to use your name, likeness, photograph and/or picture for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to you;
- Your participation in the Tours is at your own sole risk. You, on behalf of yourself and/or any person or entity claiming through or on your behalf, hereby forever and unconditionally release and discharge the Sunlands Ltd. (present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, representatives) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the Tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to you, to anyone else, or to any property.
Right to Distribute Media: You agree to grant the Sunlands Ltd. an irrevocable royalty-free worldwide license to use photos and videos taken on its tours in which you may appear. Sunlands Ltd. has the right to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, exhibit, edit, digitize or in any other way use the Material by any means and in any form of media, whether existing now or created later, without restriction worldwide, by incorporating the Material into its website, catalogs, books, brochures, magazines or any other publications, or any informational, commercial, promotional or advertising material (henceforth known collectively as the “Works”). You agree that the company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all title, rights and interest in the Material and the Works, including copyright thereof.