This tour of Zagreb is perfect for those who want to spend a day with an informed and experienced tour guide so to learn more about Zagreb and Croatia.
This tour includes a visit to the historical center and all the main sites it has to offer (both Upper and Lower town), to mysterious, and beautiful pockets of Zagreb, both in the city center and outside it. I will show you areas where only locals go, and we’ll eat and have coffee in relaxing places where you will be able to taste some local North Croatian cuisine (hint: Zagorski strukli 😉
There are many reasons why this tour is a great choice, especially if you are a cultured traveler who wants to learn more than usual about other cultures. On this day tour through Zagreb, even though you might only spend a brief time here, you will see that you will feel much more in the know about this city and Croatia in general.
There is so much that Zagreb has to offer, and what a better way to use up the day than to spend it with an experienced local guide.
|All year round
|If private tour – the lobby of your hotel. If open booking – in a convenient stop in the city center.
|9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE
|This tour is most suited for individuals or a smaller group, for up to 15 people.
|Guiding service; Organization.
|Public transport tickets, Meal, entrance to places of interest (optional)
|70 euros per person when at least 4 persons, or 250 euros for a private tour.
– We can start this tour from the King Tomislav square, or from where you are staying, and then continue towards the Upper and Lower part of Zagreb.
– Walking along the Green horseshoe landmark surrounded by palaces and through the Zrinjevac park, leading up to the main square of Zagreb.
– Visiting Kaptol, the neo-Gothic Cathedral, and the nearby Dolac farmer’s market – the belly of the city.
– Vibrant Tkalciceva street with many cafés and restaurants.
– Entering Upper town through the Stone Gate, seeing all the main sites of it such as St. Mark square, the Jesuit square and the Lotrscak tower
– descending to Ilica street, the main shopping street in the city, seeing more of the Lower town, the Flower square etc.
– break in a restaurant or a café.
– Based on your interest and time remaining: a visit to New Zagreb, Mirogoj cemetery, Maksimir park
(If there is something else you would like to see instead, please let me know, and I can customize this tour for you)