For all the lovers of the night sky, finally a long awaited astronomy night tour from Zagreb to Petrova Gora. The latter is the second place in Croatia with the least amount of night pollution (1st place occupies the Lastovo island), and it received a title of an “International park of dark sky”.
The place is also historically significant as according to beliefs the last king of Croatia, Petar Svačić, died on that mount, hence the name Petrova Gora (Hill of Peter).
The tour will entail presentation, education, and discussion regarding all the things related to astronomy, and we will be equipped with a telescope, binoculars, and a laser. We will also have presence of an amateur astronomer who will be with us for the entire duration of the trip.
|Dates||All year round|
|START TIME||Summer: 8pm / Winter: 5pm|
|START/RETURN LOCATION||If private tour: your hotel. Otherwise, a convenient stop in the city center.|
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||Max 20 persons|
|INCLUDED||Guiding fee; Presence of amateur astronomer; Presentation; Transfer|
|Pricing||70 euros per person when minimum 6 persons, or private tour for 380 euros|
|Age||14 – 80|
1. 8. 00 pm (summer start time) pick up at your hotel (if open booking then meeting place will be at the meteorological pillar in Zrinjevac park).
2. on the way to Petrova Gora stopping to observe the “Belt of Venus” and “Earth shadow” phenomenas (depending on visibility)
3. 10 pm arrival to the top of the hill (our destination, Petrova Gora)
4. 10 pm – 11. 30 pm Presentation and discussion
5. 1. 30 AM returning back to Zagreb
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review